- - Engineering
- MD, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Education Assistance.
The Manufacturing Engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with production specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods, and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for analyzing and providing technical support of the current manufacturing system to provide safe methods, optimal production capabilities, cost reduction opportunities, process control methods and plans, and manufacturing layouts.
- Troubleshoot processes and improves manufacturing efficiency, cost, product quality, and worker safety by analyzing current methods, new methods, new technologies and cost reduction.
- Develop, evaluate, and document new manufacturing processes or engineering changes to existing manufacturing processes. Develop and implement process controls and procedures. Ability to measure and report relevant metrics with goal of achieving Manufacturing Engineering KPIs.
- Collaborate with operators, vendors, and various cross functional team members to develop and implement tools and fixtures.
- Compile, generate, and utilize data for purposes of establishing labor standards and establishing costs of engineering changes and introductions.
- Drive continuous improvement activities of manufacturing processes to enhance the Quality Management System, utilizing tools such as Statistical Process Control, lean principles, problem solving, etc.
- Root cause analysis and implementation of preventative and corrective actions.
- Responsible for providing technical support to install new systems and capital equipment on time, within cost constraints, established procedures and the production forecast.
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement principles
- Knowledge of and ability to manage the process for new product introductions, Process Flow Diagrams (PFD), PFMEA, Process Control Plans (PCP), Measurement System Analysis (MSA), capability study & validation - including IQ/OQ/PQ, Validation Master Plan (VMP).
- Experience in manufacturing mixed electronics and mechanical assemblies.
- Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes including automation of assembly, soldering processes, laser and TIG welding of stainless steel, epoxy dispense processes, printed circuit board assembly processes, and injection molding.
- Experience designing and maintaining assembly processes and associated fixtures, tooling, and documentation.
- Sound technical judgment in solution of technical problems. Must have the ability to analyze and make data driven engineering decisions
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma processes.
- Knowledge of quality standards (ISO9001, ISO13485), statistical analysis, root cause analysis.
- Must be a U.S. Person within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Knowledge and understanding of the ISO9001 quality management standards and their application to the manufacturing industry.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems.
- Working knowledge of 2D CAD software.
- Strong communication presentation and interpersonal skills are required with effective interfacing with other departments, all levels of the organization, suppliers, and customers.
- Well-developed organizational skills, and the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to gather data, to compile information, and prepare reports ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- 1 to 3 years Manufacturing Engineering experience preferred
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Must be fully vaccinated or willing to become fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for consideration to work in our manufacturing environment. Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each workday doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING JOB DUTIES AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or another manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Wilcoxon Sensing Technologies reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign, or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Wilcoxon Sensing Technologies shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts