Machine Operator (2nd Shift)
- - Operations
- 21701, MD, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with company match, Education Assistance.
Performs TIG/Laser welding and laser marking operations for our 2nd shift, in accordance with established procedures. Coordinates job priorities with Cell Leader and the Manufacturing Manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs TIG/laser welding of sensors in accordance with established procedures.
- Performs laser marking of products in accordance with product documentation.
- Works with Engineering Services to develop fixtures & settings for new designs.
- Maintains welding & engraving fixtures.
- Monitors workmanship quality.
- Follows safety and ESD guidelines are followed.
- Maintains the equipment area in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of processes and procedures.
- Troubleshoots problems.
- Provides and maintains accurate production records.
- Performs equipment maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
1. Requires a minimum of (2) years of experience in manufacturing environment or equivalent.
2. Experience with CAD programming preferred.
3. Experience with robotics and automation preferred.
- Strong computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Thorough working knowledge of equipment and procedures
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to operate related software programs.
- Ability to read and interpret written work instructions and procedures.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- AA degree or technical school diploma in electromechanical technology or related field preferred
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Manufacturing / Non-Sedentary Requirements:
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each workday doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING JOB DUTIES AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or another manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Wilcoxon Sensing Technologies reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign, or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Wilcoxon Sensing Technologies shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.