Quality Assurance Technician
- - Quality
- Frederick, MD, USA
- Full Time
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for managing all customer returned product, assisting in inspecting final products, conducting in-process subassemblies, AQL inspections and managing non-confirming final product and sub-assemblies. This position will assist with special testing and statistical process control analysis, perform in process inspections on sub-assemblies and final product. Performs internal audits and provide work cell specific quality trainings.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all customer returned material authorizations once the units are received into the building.
- Conduct in-process inspection and testing on sub-assemblies.
- Conduct final inspection on product prior to shipment to customers.
- Assess sub-assemblies and parts to determine competency of employees to produce quality parts.
- Assist in root cause analysis and develop action plans to address quality issues.
- Record and report efforts to eliminate internal and external failures.
- Support improvement efforts through data collection, trend analysis, and root cause analysis.
- Support gathering and analyzing statistical process control data to recommend action points and improve process controls.
- Assist with creating and updating written instructions for inspection and testing.
- Support Manufacturing with testing product as needed.
- Conduct internal audits throughout the organization.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing setting
- Internal audit experience is preferred
- Must be a U.S. Person within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Handling inspection and test mechanical and electronic instruments
- Quality-minded and detail oriented
- Good organizational skills and problem-solving knowledge
- Computer literacy, strong Microsoft office skills
- Good technical writing skills
- Skilled problem-solver: Exercises judgment, based on previous experience, practices and precedents, to identify and solve problems that arise with little or no precedent
- Able to read and interpret company documents, such as safety rules, operating/manufacturing instructions, policies and procedures
- Result oriented and strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage time and prioritize responsibilities
- Ability to ready, write, and communicate verbally in English
- High School diploma or equivalent
ENVIRONMENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work may be performed in an office or warehouse environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 66%+ hours each work day doing the following activities: stand for extended periods of time, walk, bend, stoop, or climb. May have possible exposure to dust and may require the ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds 33% - 66% of the time.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING JOB DUTIES AND JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one's supervisor or another manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Wilcoxon Sensing Technologies reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. Wilcoxon Sensing Technologies shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts